About this Job
We are a 15 year old, family owned Art Education Company that specializes in teaching art & jewelry making, mixed media, painting, textiles & fiber arts, yoga, dance & more to kids (& adults)! In our virtual camps you’ll teach the following types of techniques: beading, wire work, seed beading, painting, watercolor, macrame, dying, sewing, weaving, bookbinding, embroidery, batik & more! You’ll facilitate relationships and collaboration between students while teaching them skills they can use for years to come. At Dragonfly Designs we invest heavily in our staff’s training & development and we are looking for long-term staff dedicated to our mission.
Who We Are
Since 2005, Dragonfly Designs has been sharing the joy of art and jewelry making with our community in the San Francisco Bay Area. The aim of our family business is to enable children’s creativity through holistic art education. We believe that artistic expression is crucial to healthy development. Art should be an engaging, tactile, and rewarding experience. Our goal is to create peaceful and inclusive spaces where each child is empowered to make truly unique treasures by hand. Also, because there’s no better time for cognitive retention than learning a language at a young age, we offer art classes, jewelry making classes, art camps, and more taught in Mandarin, French and Spanish to children aged five to teenagers. An understanding of art and language expands worldviews and fosters an appreciation for cultural diversity. [We are not language teachers, but Art teachers who provide opportunities for children to expand their vocabulary and practice using their target language for second language learners.]
Who You Are
- You have in-person experience teaching children & are willing to transition these skills to teaching for skills virtually to adults & children.
- You are engaging, fun, energetic and able to create meaningful connections with your students allowing for a positive learning environment where children’s creativity can thrive.
- You have a teaching background & expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Fabric Dyeing [Shibori, Batik, tie dye]
- Painting (Watercolor & Acrylic)
- Jewelry Making (Beading, Wire Work, Seed Beading)
- Art – Mixed media
- Other – Do you have an artistic passion that could transition to a Virtual Classroom?
- You’re a student of ECE, getting a teaching credential, are a certified teacher or have a degree in or are studying the arts.
- You’ve got teaching experience sharing art skills with children and adults!
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a passion for sharing your artistic knowledge. You are comfortable speaking in front of groups in an entertaining and engaging way.
We teach our programs in English, Mandarin, French & Spanish and are always looking for native speakers of these languages to help us connect with our customers authentically!
Instructors within the company have a specific pay scale that increases based on demonstrated skill level Tiers. Rates will be discussed during our initial job interview.
After we’ve reviewed your application and decided to move forward we will set up an opportunity for you to submit a short video introduction of yourself. From the video submissions, we will select those individuals that we believe are a good fit for our programs & invite them to a Zoom interview to learn more about you and your skill set. From there you’ll spend time alongside our staff (virtually) to get a hands-on understanding of what it’s like to work for Dragonfly Designs prior to our final job offer.