Explore the ancient art of weaving on a frame loom with a variety of different kinds of threads and yarns. You’ll learn the basics of warping the loom and using weaving tools as well as basic art principles of design as applied to fiber art. Weaving is like painting with thread where you can play with color blending, texture, line, shape and more. You’ll use techniques that may include plain weave, basket weave, tapestry, rya knots and explore other creative mixed media techniques to create beautiful textiles like wall hangings, bags, book covers and more.
AGE 11 +
- 12:30 pm PST – 1:30 pm PST
- Monday – Friday
- Dates: July 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
- Wall Hangings
- Basket Weave
- Book Covers
- $155/child (includes 5 live 1 hour classes, materials kit and shipping)
- Shipping in the SF Bay Area – 1 business day
- Shipping to other parts of California – 2 business days
- Shipping to various parts of the USA – 2 – 3 business days
- Shipping to Canada – 2 – 3 business days
- This is a Virtual Camp with LIVE instruction on Zoom that you attend from the comfort of your home.