Dragonfly Designs is a full-service in-person and virtual art experience company specializing in corporate team building and events, client appreciation, life’s special occasions and art classes for adults and children. We are a woman-founded, family-owned business based in Northern California. Since 2005, Stacee Gillelen has brought the joy of creativity and art to adults and children across the San Francisco Bay Area. Today, we offer our virtual art corporate events, workshops and parties to customers across the United States and internationally. Our dynamic team of professional artists guide guests through inspiring, meaningful projects in a variety of artistic mediums.
About This Job
Dragonfly Designs is currently seeking in-person instructors to teach our afterschool enrichment classes, camps and birthday parties. This is the perfect job for an art student looking to share the joy of teaching their art medium(s) and to learn new forms of art. Since the world is starting to open back up, so is Dragonfly Designs. You will have the opportunity to teach our classes in person as well as virtually. In our in-person classes, camps workshops & events you’ll teach the following types of techniques: beading, wire work, seed beading, painting, watercolor, macramé, dying, sewing, weaving, bookbinding, embroidery, batik & more! Do you have another specialty? Let us know!
You’ll facilitate relationships and collaboration between students while teaching them skills they can use for years to come. At Dragonfly Designs we invest heavily in our staff’s training & development and we are looking for long-term staff dedicated to our mission.
Our Art & Shipping Studio is located in South San Francisco. Many of our local teachers also work in out studio preparing kits, organizing the studio and setting our world wide team up for success by handling the behind the scenes logistics needed to successfully serve our clients. We are currently looking for a Studio Assistants who can also teach our in-person classes.
Who We Are
Since 2005, Dragonfly Designs has been sharing the joy of art and jewelry making with our community in the San Francisco Bay Area. The aim of our family business is to enable creativity through holistic art education. Art should be an engaging, tactile, and rewarding experience. Our goal is to create peaceful and inclusive spaces where each person is empowered to make truly unique treasures by hand. For adults & children, we know that art is powerful and can express what words often cannot. For many, creating art provides a powerful experience of relaxation leading to a reduction in stress, anxiety, and worry.
Who You Are
- You have In Person experience teaching adults & children
- You are engaging, fun, energetic and able to create meaningful connections with your students allowing for a positive learning environment where creativity can thrive.
- You have a teaching background & expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Painting (Watercolor & Acrylic)
- Jewelry Making (Beading, Wire Work, Seed Beading)
- Other – Do you have an artistic passion that could transition to an in-person or Virtual Classroom?
- You’re a student of ECE, getting a teaching credential, are a certified teacher or have a degree in or are studying the arts.
- You’ve got teaching experience sharing art skills with children and adults!
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a passion for sharing your artistic knowledge. You are comfortable speaking in front of groups in an entertaining and engaging way.
Instructors within the company have a specific pay scale that increases based on demonstrated skill level Tiers. Rates will be discussed during our initial job interview.
- We Genuinely Care: About our reputation, about giving our customers a WOW experience, and about each other. We believe a good reputation outweighs profit every time.
- We Are Always Learning: We are always looking to improve ourselves, the company and our offerings. We aren’t afraid to dream big and we see mistakes as opportunities to grow.
- We are a Team of Individuals: Our company culture champions diversity and believes we are all richer for hearing different viewpoints and experiences. We treat each other with Respect, Compassion and Empathy.
- We Show Up: We are enthusiastic, energetic, tenacious, and prepared for the task at hand. We model our Core Values and act with integrity with each other and with our clients.
- We Say Make It Fun: We are really serious about what we do but don’t take ourselves too seriously! Our team will always stop to laugh, celebrate each other’s successes and blow off some steam. We take this exuberant mindset into every single interaction with our clients, ensuring their own joyful experience.
Dragonfly Designs is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Dragonfly Designs does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex or pregnancy, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract