About Virtual Summer Camp
🎨 Select your week-long 60-minute Classes. Campers will focus on specific themed projects for a week. Love a class? Take it again!
📿 We’ll send campers a Materials Kit that is theirs to keep forever. Children will continue to use their new skills long after camp is over.
👩🏼🎨 Get ready for LIVE expert instruction with our fun artists! Classes are interactive, hands-on and social.
- We use (paid) Zoom classrooms
- We have a minimum of 2 Instructors per classroom (Our classes have a 1:10 ratio)
- Administrator who manages a waitroom, scans the classroom for questions, engages the kids, spotlights the best camera angles
- Main Instructor uses 2 separate camera angles – 1 on their face + 1 on their hands
- we add additional instructors for larger groups to manage breakout rooms
- We make sure the kids are engaged socially by playing ice breakers and allow/encourage classroom discussion & interaction
- Art Camps taught in English + Mandarin, French & Spanish [for 2nd language learners]
No bug spray needed! Our camps are all about creativity! Artistic expression is crucial to healthy development and we’ve designed a program that provides an engaging, tactile, and rewarding experience. From textiles to painting to jewelry making, our Art Camps captivate children with a diversity of interests. Our dynamic Virtual Summer Camp is available to students across the nation! That means students can get crafty with their cousin in Toledo while making new friends. No YouTube videos here – your children will receive 100% LIVE expert instruction, work on meaningful, skill building projects and best of all, we send high quality materials right to your door!
VIRTUAL CAMPS NOW AVAILABLE HERE: (Ages: Pre-k – K + 6 & Up + Camps just for Teens!)
Summer Camp 2020 will feature awesome classes including: Jewelry Making & Design, Textiles & Fiber Arts, Art Exploration, Watercolor, Painting, and Cartooning. You can also add an hour of Yoga or Hip Hop to get your kid moving and grooving. Did we mention all of our Art courses are also offered in Mandarin & Spanish?! Our incredible instructors are college-educated with advanced degrees in the arts and work year-round in our afterschool enrichment classes, birthday parties and private event programs. Our average student/teacher ratio is 10:1, so you can be sure your child will receive personal attention and instruction.
A really cool benefit of virtual camp is your child gets to keep all of their materials and use their newfound skills long after summer is over! Each week will focus on a super fun theme and you can make your own schedule based on your child’s specific interests! Campers will be paired in groups of equal age, interest and ability levels.
All In-Person Camps are Cancelled for 2020
About Our Staff
Experience the Dragonfly Designs difference! All of our Bay Area programs are led by year-round, college-educated instructors (many with advanced degrees in the arts) who teach a wide range of creative projects in an age-appropriate way. Our caring staff will assist your child in exploring techniques and materials while tapping into their own artistic abilities!
Together with your children, we explore techniques such as resin, stamping and dapping, riveting, beading, wirework, leatherworking, metalsmithing, embroidery, dying, painting, sewing, clay, Batik, Shibori, wool felting, watercolor & so much more!
Cancellation & Change Policy
- Cancellation For Fully Funded Camps – Camp Credit will be issued for the amount paid less 10% fee.
- Credits can be used on any Dragonfly Designs service or product. Since we purchase supplies and procure staff in advance, we are unable to issue cash refunds.
- Camp credit transferable to other accounts.
- Change Request Policy:
- Transfers to a new week of camp incur a $15 Administrative change fee.
- Change Requests for other program dates must be received in writing (via email) at least 7 days prior to your original program’s start date. All changes are subject to availability.
- Most camp classes require a Materials Kit (purchased separately). Dragonfly Designs is not responsible for missed classes or non-participation due to kit not being purchased prior to camp. There are no returns on Materials Kits.
- We do not prorate or refund tuition for days missed due to illness or injury.
- Early bird special rates are forfeited upon request to transfer.
- Any returned checks/payments incur a $20 fee.
- In the event Dragonfly Designs has to cancel, a makeup class will be scheduled.