No bug spray needed! Our camps are all about creativity! Artistic expression is crucial to healthy development and we’ve designed a program providing an engaging, tactile, and rewarding experience. From textiles to jewelry making, our Art Camps captivate children with a diversity of interests. We offer camps in several Bay Area locations including: San Francisco (Hayes Valley * Glen Park * Mission Dolores *Inner Richmond), South San Francisco, Millbrae, Palo Alto, Burlingame, Redwood City, Menlo Park, Mountain View, and San Mateo. Our incredible instructors are college-educated with advanced degrees in the arts and work year-round in our afterschool enrichment classes, birthday parties and private event programs. Our average student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so you can be sure your child will receive personal attention and instruction. Children will be paired in groups of equal age, interest and ability levels.
Camp Schedule & Registration
We offer camps all throughout the year. To see a schedule and to register, click the link below:
- Calendar View (Register Here)
- Please contact us with questions 650-303-1900
Yoga at Camp
Our full day Jewelry Making, Art Exploration, Immersion, Metalsmithing & Leatherworking, and Textiles camps also include an hour of yoga, *in select locations, to encourage new friendships, mindfulness, and movement. A meditative focus is a natural part of craft making, and we strive to bring this mindset to all of our students. *Yoga is offered once a minimum of 8 participants per day has been achieved.
1. ART, JEWELRY MAKING + YOGA: (Ages 5 – 11)
Tap into your creativity in a camp filled with art & beading bliss!
After an opening hour of yoga poses and friendship building games, campers will jump into the artistic process and come away with a brand new collection of gorgeous art & jewelry pieces and the skills to make each one of them! We teach a wide array of art & jewelry techniques not to be found elsewhere. Techniques working with clay, metal, etching, beading, patina, stamping and dapping, mosaics, candle & soap making, painting, tie-dye, and copper etching may be introduced.
2. TEXTILES & FIBER ARTS + YOGA: (Ages 8 – 13)
Campers learn how to design, plan, and execute an abstract idea into a tangible piece of art. Our expert instructors will guide students through processes such as embroidery, wool felting, weaving, screen-printing, dying, and macramé. Our fun instructors carry advanced degrees in the arts are and create a relaxed, encouraging environment all children will love.
3. LEATHERWORKING & METALSMITHING + YOGA CAMP: (Ages 10 – 13)
Take a walk on the wild side & explore working with metal & leather in this next level jewelry making camp. You’ll learn to create mixed media pieces & explore metalsmithing techniques such as riveting, patina, stamping & dapping and leatherworking techniques such as dying, stitching, stamping & burnishing! Learn the properties of metal & leather and how to combine them into enviable wearable art.
4. MAKER’S LAB + YOGA CAMP: (Ages 8 – 13) Journey deeper into the world of Jewelry Making, Leatherworking & Metalsmithing, and Textiles & Fiber Arts. Our art camps are designed to spark curiosity and develop life-long skills. We encourage individual creativity in every project, some of which may include making stamped rings & necklaces, leather cuff bracelets, embroidery patches, felt essential oil diffusers, macrame wall hangings and more! Students can learn how to set rivets and eyelets, how to stamp on metal & leather, how to use patina on metal charms. All of the skills learned with us are taught so students can continue to use them on their own. We tailor the materials and the difficulty of the project to each participant so everyone creates something they are proud of and leaves with solid foundational skills. Give your child this opportunity for growth!
5. LANGUAGE IMMERSION THROUGH ART + YOGA [Mandarin, Chinese or Spanish]: (Ages 5 – 11)
What better way for your child to engage in the vocabulary of a second language than through tactile engagement with art! These camps are for children that already have a basic understanding of these languages, and want to get more exposure and practice! Our immersion camps will expose children to new vocabulary through dynamic modes of self-expression. Our camp options are lead by native speakers in the target language in a full immersion environment. Because there’s no better time for cognitive retention than learning a language at a young age, we offer classes and camps taught in Mandarin and Spanish to children age five to 11. An understanding of art and language expands worldviews and fosters an appreciation for cultural diversity. These camps are appropriate for children who already attend immersion schools and would like to practice the target language when school is not in session.
Locations & How to Register
- Please contact us with questions 650-303-1900
- Register HERE
- SSF Residential Studio – 55 Nursery Way, SSF + Yoga – [6/8-8/14/20]
- SF Hayes Valley – International School, 150 Oak Street, SF + Yoga – [6/15-7/31/20]
- SF Glen Park – St. John’s, 925 Chenery St., San Francisco, CA 94131 – [6/15-8/7/20]
- SF Mission Dolores – Children’s Day School, 333 Dolores St, SF – [6/22-7/3/20]
- SF Inner Richmond – Presidio Knolls School, 250 10th St, SF – [6/22-8/14/20]
- Menlo Park – Phillips Brooks School, 2245 Avy Avenue, Menlo Park – [7/13-7/17/20]
- Mountain View – El Camino YMCA, 2400 Grant Rd, Mountain View – [7/27-7/31/20]
- Palo Alto YMCA – 3412 Ross Rd, Palo Alto – [8/3-8/7/20]
Parks & Rec Locations 2020
- Redwood City – (650) 780-7250
- Community Activities Building
- Red Morton Community Center
- Sandpiper Community Center
- Burlingame – (650) 558-7300
- Kohl Mansion
- San Mateo – (650) 522-7400
- Brisbane – (415) 508-2143
- Millbrae – (650) 259-2371
About The Day
A typical day in camp at our SSF and SF locations include the following:
- 8-9: Before Care simple art or jewelry projects
- 9-9:15: Friendship Building Games
- 9:15-10: Yoga Stretching & Movement Games
- 10-10:20: *Healthy Snack & Classroom Agreements [*Dragonfly Designs provides snacks]
- 10:20-11:30: Art, Jewelry, Textiles, Metal/Leather Projects
- 11:30-12:30: *Lunch & Outdoor Play [*Parent/Guardians provide lunch]
- 12:30-2:50: Art, Jewelry, Textiles, Metal/Leather Projects
- 2:50-3: Clean Up & Pick Up
- 3-6: Aftercare [Afternoon healthy *snack, simple art & jewelry projects, indoor games, outdoor play]
[*Dragonfly Designs provides healthy snacks in the morning & during aftercare]
Typical camp fees listed below. Fees may vary depending on registration site used.
- 8-9: Before Care $18.00
- 9-3: $90.00/day (or) $450.00/week
- 3-6: Aftercare $12.00/hour
- after 6pm – late pick-ups: $1.00/minute
About Our Staff
All of our Bay Area programs are lead by our year-round college-educated instructors that teach a wide range of exciting advanced projects in an age-appropriate way. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in the arts and make learning fun.
Together with your children, we explore techniques such as resin, stamping and dapping, riveting, beading, wirework, leatherworking, metalsmithing, embroidery, dying, painting, sewing, clay, Batik, Shibori, wool felting, watercolor & so much more!
Cancellation & Change Policy
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve your week in camp.
- A non-refundable deposit of $25.00/day will be charged for registrations for single day camps.
- Fully Funded Camps Cancellation Refund Policy = Refunds will be issued for remaining balance minus non-refundable deposit & 10% fee
- Any remaining balance due for partially funded camps will be collected before the first day of camp (Cost of camp minus $100 deposit already paid).
- Please be on time to pick up your child. Camp ends at 6:00 pm (specific locations) – there is a $1.00/minute charge after 6 pm pickups; payable at pick up on late days
Change Requests for other program dates must be received in writing (via email) at least 7 days prior to your original program’s start date. All changes are subject to availability.
- Changes to a program incur a $15 Administrative change fee
- Registrations and fees are non-transferable to other accounts
- We do not prorate or refund tuition for days missed due to illness or injury
- Early bird special rates are forfeited upon request to transfer
- Any returned checks incur an $20 fee