From textiles to language immersion, our art camps for kids engage children with a diversity of interests and allow them to express their creativity. We offer camps in several Bay Area locations including San Francisco, South San Francisco, Millbrae, Burlingame, Redwood City, Menlo Park, and San Mateo. Our instructors are college-educated with advanced degrees in the arts and work year-round in our afterschool enrichment, birthday party, and private event programs. These same incredible instructors lead all of our camps! Our average student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so you can be sure your child will receive personal attention and instruction throughout camp. Children will be paired in groups of equal age, interest and ability levels.
We offer camps multiple times throughout the year. To see a schedule and to learn more click the links below.
- Calendar View
- Summer Art & Jewelry Camp
- Summer Language Immersion Camp
- Summer Textiles & Fiber Camp
- December Camps
- January Camps
- February Camps
- Spring Break Camp
Yoga at Camp
Our full day Jewelry Making, Art Exploration, Metalsmithing & Leatherworking, and Textiles camps also include an hour of yoga, in select locations, to encourage mindfulness and movement. A meditative focus is a natural part of craft making, and we strive to bring this mindset to all of our students.
Types of Camp
1. ART, JEWELRY MAKING + YOGA: (Ages 5 – 12)
Tap into your creativity in a camp filled with art & beading bliss!
After an opening hour of yoga poses and friendship building games, campers will jump into the artistic process and come away with a brand new collection of gorgeous art & jewelry pieces and the skills to make each one of them! We teach a wide array of art & jewelry techniques not to be found elsewhere. Techniques working with clay, metal, etching, beading, patina, stamping and dapping, mosaics, candle & soap making, painting, tie-dye, and copper etching may be introduced.
2. TEXTILES & FIBER ARTS: (Ages 7 – 13)
Campers learn how to design, plan, and execute an abstract idea into a tangible piece of art. Our expert instructors will guide students through processes such as embroidery, wool felting, weaving, screen-printing, dying, and macramé. Our fun instructors carry advanced degrees in the arts are and create a relaxed, encouraging environment all children will love.
3. LANGUAGE IMMERSION THROUGH ART [Mandarin, Chinese or Spanish]: (Ages 5- 12)
What better way for your child to engage in the vocabulary of a second language than through tactile engagement with art! These camps are for children that already have a basic understanding of these languages, and want to get more exposure and practice! Our immersion camps will expose children to new vocabulary through dynamic modes of self-expression. Our camp options are lead by native speakers in the target language in a full immersion environment. Because there’s no better time for cognitive retention than learning a language at a young age, we offer classes and camps taught in Mandarin and Spanish to children age five to 12. An understanding of art and language expands worldviews and fosters an appreciation for cultural diversity. These camps are appropriate for children who already attend immersion schools and would like to practice the target language when school is not in session.
4. LEATHERWORKING & METALSMITHING CAMP: (Ages 8 – 13)
Take a walk on the wild side & explore working with metal & leather in this next level jewelry making camp. You’ll learn to create mixed media pieces & explore metalsmithing techniques such as riveting, patina, stamping & dapping and leatherworking techniques such as dying, stitching, stamping & burnishing! Learn the properties of metal & leather and how to combine them into enviable wearable art.
Locations & How to Register
- Please note that some location dates and times are still in progress and will be released soon.
- Register HERE
Camp Locations 2019
- Residential Studio – 55 Nursery Way, SSF – Includes Yoga
- CAIS – 150 Oak Street, SF – New Location – Includes Yoga
- Children’s Day School – 333 Dolores St, SF – New Location
- GISSV – 8 Funston Ave, SF – New Location – Includes Yoga
- Phillips Brooks School – 2245 Avy Avenue, Menlo Park – New Location
- Presidio Knolls School – 250 10th St, SF
- Marin Prep – Closed summer 2019 for renovation
Parks & Rec Locations 2019
- Redwood City – (650) 780-7250
- Community Activities Building,
- Red Morton Community Center
- Sandpiper Community Center
- Burlingame – (650) 558-7300
- Kohl Mansion
- San Mateo – (650) 522-7400
- Millbrae – (650) 259-2371
- spring break only
About The Day
A typical day in camp at our SSF and SF (CAIS & GISSV) locations include the following.
- 8-9: Before Care simple art or jewelry projects
- 9-9:15: Friendship Building Games
- 9:15-10: Yoga Stretching & Movement Games
- 10-10:20: Healthy Snack & Classroom Agreements
- 10:20-11:30: Art, Jewelry Projects
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch & Outdoor Play
- 12:30-2:50: Art, Jewelry Projects
- 2:50-3: Clean Up & Pick Up
- 3-6: Aftercare (Afternoon healthy snack, simple art & jewelry projects, indoor games, outdoor play)