No bug spray needed! Our camps are all about creativity! Artistic expression is crucial to healthy development and we’ve designed a program providing an engaging, tactile, and rewarding experience. From textiles to jewelry making, our Art Camps captivate children with a diversity of interests. We offer camps in several Bay Area locations including: San Francisco (Hayes Valley * Glen Park * Mission Dolores *Inner Richmond), South San Francisco, Palo Alto, Burlingame, Redwood City, Menlo Park, Mountain View, and San Mateo. We are NOW offering Virtual Camps! Our incredible instructors are college-educated with advanced degrees in the arts and work year-round in our afterschool enrichment classes, birthday parties and private event programs. Our average student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so you can be sure your child will receive personal attention and instruction. Children will be paired in groups of equal age, interest and ability levels.
Camp Schedule & Registration
We offer camps all throughout the year. To see a schedule and to register, click the link below:
- Calendar View (Register Here)
- View Virtual Camp Options (Register Here)
- Please contact us with questions 650-303-1900
Yoga at Camp
Our full day Jewelry Making, Art Exploration, Immersion, Metalsmithing & Leatherworking, and Textiles camps also include an hour of yoga, *in select locations, to encourage new friendships, mindfulness, and movement. A meditative focus is a natural part of craft making, and we strive to bring this mindset to all of our students. *Yoga is offered once a minimum of 8 participants per day has been achieved.
VIRTUAL CAMPS NOW AVAILABLE HERE: (Ages 5 & Up)
Learn a wide array of specialized art and jewelry techniques. If your family is looking for creative online offerings, we hope you’ll consider our virtual art-based classes or camps taught LIVE over Zoom. It’s easy! Parents simply purchase a Dragonfly Designs DIY Kit for use in the classes. Cool new twist? Unlike our in-person program where we share materials, students in the virtual camp/classes get to keep all of the tools and supplies for hours of fun & skill building, even after the classes end!
1. ART, JEWELRY MAKING + YOGA: (Ages 5 – 11)
Learn a wide array of specialized art and jewelry techniques. Work with clay, metal, etching, beading, patina, stamping and dapping, mosaics, candle & soap making, painting, tie-dye, and even copper etching may be introduced.
2. TEXTILES & FIBER ARTS + YOGA: (Ages 8 – 13)
Gain an understanding of how to design, plan and execute an abstract idea into a tangible piece of art. Learn processes such as embroidery, wool felting, weaving, screen-printing, dying, and macramé.
3. LEATHERWORKING & METALSMITHING + YOGA CAMP: (Ages 10 – 13)
We mix things up in this next-level camp! Create mixed media pieces and explore metalsmithing techniques such as: riveting, patina, stamping & dapping and leatherworking techniques like dying, stitching, stamping & burnishing. Learn the properties of metal & leather and how to combine them into enviable wearable art.
4. MAKER’S LAB + YOGA CAMP: (Ages 8 – 13)
This camp is an opportunity to grow solid, foundational skills in Jewelry Making, Leatherworking & Metalsmithing, and Textiles & Fiber Arts. Individual creativity is encouraged in every project including: stamped rings & necklaces, leather cuff bracelets, embroidery patches, felt essential oil diffusers, macrame wall hangings and more! Students can learn how to set rivets and eyelets, how to stamp on metal & leather, and how to use patina on metal charms. We tailor the materials and the difficulty of the project to each participant so they feel proud of what they create!
5. LANGUAGE IMMERSION THROUGH ART + YOGA [Mandarin, Chinese or Spanish]: (Ages 5 – 11)
Tactile engagement with art is a great way for your child to engage in the vocabulary of a second language! This camp is designed for children that already have a basic understanding of these languages, and want to get more exposure and practice. Children learn new vocabulary through dynamic modes of self-expression in a full immersion environment. Instructors are native speakers in the target language. An understanding of art and language expands worldviews and fosters an appreciation for cultural diversity. Appropriate for children who already attend immersion schools and would like to practice the target language when school is not in session.
Locations & How to Register
- Please contact us with questions 650-303-1900
- Register HERE
- SSF Residential Studio – 55 Nursery Way, SSF + Yoga – [6/8-8/14/20]
- SF Hayes Valley – International School, 150 Oak Street, SF + Yoga – [6/15-7/31/20]
- SF Glen Park – St. John’s, 925 Chenery St., San Francisco, CA 94131 – [6/15-8/7/20]
- SF Inner Richmond – Presidio Knolls School, 250 10th St, SF – [6/22-8/14/20]
- Menlo Park – Phillips Brooks School, 2245 Avy Avenue, Menlo Park – [7/13-7/17/20]
- Mountain View – El Camino YMCA, 2400 Grant Rd, Mountain View – [7/27-7/31/20]
- Palo Alto YMCA – 3412 Ross Rd, Palo Alto – [8/3-8/7/20]
- Burlingame – Kohl Mansion – 2750 Adeline Dr, Burlingame, CA – [6/22-7/31/20]
- Summer Camps Registration Opens Wednesday, March 4, 2020.
- 6/22-6/26 1-4pm Art & Jewelry Making [ages 5-12]
- 6/29-7/2 1-4pm Textiles & Fiber Arts [ages 7-13]
- 7/20-7/24 1-4pm Leatherworking & Metalsmithing [ages 8-13]
- 7/27-7/31 Maker’s Art Lab [ages 8-13]
- Piedmont – 801 Magnolia Ave Piedmont, CA – Art & Jewelry Making [6/8 – 6/12]
- Summer Camps Registration Opens Approximately March 3
- Redwood City – [6/8 – 8/10]
- Summer Camps Registration Opens March 10th for Residents, March 24th for Non-Residents.
- 6/8 – Redwood City Leatherworking & Metalsmithing: (Ages 10 – 13)
- 6/22 – Redwood Shores Maker’s Lab: (Ages 8 – 13)
- 6/29 – Redwood Shores Art & Jewelry Making: (Ages 5 – 11)
- 7/20 – Redwood City Maker’s Lab: (Ages 8 – 13)
- 7/27 – Redwood Shores Textiles & Fiber Arts: (Ages 8 – 13)
- 8/3 – Redwood Shores Leatherworking & Metalsmithing: (Ages 10 – 13)
- 8/10 – Redwood City Art & Jewelry Making: (Ages 5 – 11)
Parks & Rec Locations 2020
- Redwood City – (650) 780-7250
- Community Activities Building
- Red Morton Community Center
- Sandpiper Community Center
- Burlingame – (650) 558-7300
- Kohl Mansion
- Piedmont – (510) 420-3074
About The Day
A typical day in camp at our SSF and SF locations include the following:
- 8-9: Before Care simple art or jewelry projects
- 9-9:15: Friendship Building Games
- 9:15-10: Yoga Stretching & Movement Games
- 10-10:20: *Healthy Snack & Classroom Agreements [*Dragonfly Designs provides snacks]
- 10:20-11:30: Art, Jewelry, Textiles, Metal/Leather Projects
- 11:30-12:30: *Lunch & Outdoor Play [*Parent/Guardians provide lunch]
- 12:30-2:50: Art, Jewelry, Textiles, Metal/Leather Projects
- 2:50-3: Clean Up & Pick Up
- 3-6: Aftercare [Afternoon healthy *snack, simple art & jewelry projects, indoor games, outdoor play]
[*Dragonfly Designs provides healthy snacks in the morning & during aftercare]
Typical camp fees listed below. Fees may vary depending on registration site used.
- 8-9: Before Care $18.00
- 9-3: $90.00/day (or) $450.00/week
- 3-6: Aftercare $12.00/hour
- after 6pm – late pick-ups: $1.00/minute
About Our Staff
Experience the Dragonfly Designs difference! All of our Bay Area programs are led by year-round, college-educated instructors (many with advanced degrees in the arts) who teach a wide range of creative projects in an age-appropriate way. Our caring staff will assist your child in exploring techniques and materials while tapping into their own artistic abilities!
Together with your children, we explore techniques such as resin, stamping and dapping, riveting, beading, wirework, leatherworking, metalsmithing, embroidery, dying, painting, sewing, clay, Batik, Shibori, wool felting, watercolor & so much more!
Cancellation & Change Policy
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to reserve your week in camp.
- A non-refundable deposit of $25.00/day will be charged for registrations for single day camps.
- Fully Funded Camps Cancellation Refund Policy = Refunds will be issued for remaining balance minus non-refundable deposit & 10% fee
- Any remaining balance due for partially funded camps will be collected before the first day of camp (Cost of camp minus $100 deposit already paid).
- Please be on time to pick up your child. Camp ends at 6:00 pm (specific locations) – there is a $1.00/minute charge after 6 pm pickups; payable at pick up on late days
Change Requests for other program dates must be received in writing (via email) at least 7 days prior to your original program’s start date. All changes are subject to availability.
- Changes to a program incur a $15 Administrative change fee
- Registrations and fees are non-transferable to other accounts
- We do not prorate or refund tuition for days missed due to illness or injury
- Early bird special rates are forfeited upon request to transfer
- Any returned checks incur an $20 fee