From textiles to language immersion, our camps engage children with a diversity of interests and allow them to express their creativity. We offer camps in several Bay Area locations including San Francisco, Burlingame, Redwood City, and South San Francisco. College-educated instructors who work year-round in our afterschool enrichment and private event programs lead all of our camps. Our average student/teacher ratio is 8:1, so you can be sure your child will receive personal attention and instruction throughout camp. Children will be paired in groups of equal age, interest & ability levels.
Schedule of Camps
We offer camps multiple times throughout the year. To see a schedule and to learn more click the links below.
- Summer Art & Jewelry Camp
- Summer Language Immersion Camp
- Summer Textiles & Fiber Camp
- November Camps
- December Camps
- January Camps
- February Camps
- Spring Break Camp
Types of Camps
1. ART, JEWELRY MAKING + YOGA: (Ages 5 – 12) Camp begins with an hour of yoga poses and friendship building games designed for relaxation. After yoga, students are instructed in art classes using a variety of mediums and techniques such as paint, wax, clay, beading, riveting, resin, copper etching, stamping, and wirework.
2. TEXTILES & FIBER ARTS: (Ages 7 – 14)
Campers learn how to design, plan, and execute an abstract idea into a tangle piece of art. Our expert instructors will guide students through processes such as embroidery, wool felting, weaving, screen-printing, dying, and macramé.
3. LANGUAGE IMMERSION THROUGH ART: (Ages 5- 12)
Because there’s no better time for cognitive retention than learning a language at a young age, we offer classes and camps taught in Mandarin and Spanish to children age five to 12. An understanding of art and language expands worldviews and fosters an appreciation for cultural diversity
Locations & How to Register
- Burlingame Park & Rec: 650-558-7300
- San Mateo Park & Rec: 650.522.7400
- Redwood City Park & Rec: 650-780-7250
- South San Francisco: 55 Nursery Way – View schedule and register at the links above
- San Francisco: 117 Diamond Street – View schedule and register at the links above
About The Day
A typical day in camp at our SSF and SF locations include the following.
- 8-9: Before Care simple art or jewelry projects
- 9-9:15: Friendship Building Games
- 9:15-10: Yoga Stretching & Movement Games
- 10-10:20: Healthy Snack & Classroom Agreements
- 10:20-11:30: Art, Jewelry Projects
- 11:30-12:30: Lunch & Outdoor Play
- 12:30-2:50: Art, Jewelry Projects
- 2:50-3: Clean Up & Pick Up
- 3-6: Aftercare (Afternoon healthy snack, simple art & jewelry projects, indoor games, outdoor play)