We are a small Family Owned Art Education Company – we offer after school enrichment programs, camps, classes, birthday parties, and products such as DIY kits.
About the position
“We want to hire people who want to work. We love working and we love people who love working.”
As our Bookkeeper you would not only balance numbers but also organize, streamline, automate and advise within our Accounting needs. As such, prior Accounting experience in the Camps and Afterschool Programs industries are INVALUABLE to us! As our Bookkeeper exemplary communication skills (verbal and written), discretion and confidentiality, knowledge of all aspects of accounting and being computer savvy with proficiency in G – Suite, Excel and, 3 – 5 years QuickBooks experience is a must! In addition, being a skilled multi-tasker, committed to consistently meeting deadlines, and self-starter with minimal guidance will fit well within our operations!
We are looking to bring you on-board and have you help with admin tasks that support our team in the areas of; processing orders; communications to vendors and business partners (Park & Rec etc.); create reports related to budgets/ financials; QuickBooks work to include: A/R , A/P, quotes, invoicing, communicating with customers on a daily basis and the like. This is a fully remote-based position and as such we want you to have the flexibility of balancing all accounting responsibilities whilst not restricted to traditional 9 – 5 hours but ensure that a ‘do it till it’s done’ attitude is maintained to meet deadlines.
A brief outline of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Create invoices through QuickBooks as well as track and receive payments (A/R)
- Pay vendor and business partner invoices (A/P)
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
About our expectations:
“We don’t want to hire people who just have to work – that is not our culture. We want the wanters!”
We would need the ideal candidate to have:
- Possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in Camps and/ or Afterschool Programs bookkeeping
- Quickbooks certification preferred, or at the minimum experience
- A strong comfort level with technology (G – Suite, Excel, WordPress & Woocommerce, Zoom)
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and adaptability
- A strong project and time management skillset
- Self-starter mentality and ability to find areas of improvement and propose adjustment based on prior industry experience
- Ability to handle multiple accounts and tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate consistent follow-through and ability to work independently, with minimal direction
Here’s who this position is not for:
- Those without solid experience in Camps managing
- People who have a lot going on already, and don’t have the time and focus needed to complete quality work
- Those who aren’t willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement
However, this position is for a person who:
- Is resourceful
- Can handle stress and tight deadlines
- Works very well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients
- Has great attention to detail and brand quality
- Is not locked into just working 9-5 but embraces an “until it gets done” attitude
- Is a high-functioning communicator
- Is organized
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Is not afraid of new challenges
- Loves learning new things and can implement new ideas quickly
- Adapts really well to changes on-the-go
- Is technology-savvy [Google docs, spreadsheets, calendar]
- Can handle direct feedback
- Can juggle lots of moving pieces while staying collected
A few questions, if I may…
- Are you a Type A and proud of it?
- Are you a competent personality wrangler? In other words, you get along well with others, but you also get things done.
- Do you love watching from the back of the stage, knowing that the show was able to go on because of all your behind-the-scenes work?
We need you to make sure that the company brand stays consistent and reliable, from start to finish, with each project we put out. This position has high expectations but if you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re the type who gets motivated by high expectations.