First I want to say I hope you and your family are safe, healthy and feeling hopeful during this difficult time. I wanted to check in with all of you and give you an update on Dragonfly Designs. At the start of 2020, we were planning a year of celebrating our 15th anniversary, had just opened a studio space in San Mateo, and we were gearing up for more wonderful in-person parties, classes and camps.
On March 13th, it all came to a screeching halt. We had to quickly pivot and change our business model overnight. With the help of a small, dedicated team we adapted our offerings to a virtual format. I wasn’t sure if we could offer the same dynamic, personal experience online, but it turns out, WE CAN and WE ARE! We are now able to bring the Dragonfly experience to families all across the United States. The feedback on our virtual camps has been amazing and seeing your kids’ bright, smiling faces really keeps us going!
However, rising supply costs due to COVID, reduced revenue from lower virtual registration fees, and supporting a team of 25 artists who specialize in jewelry making, fine arts and textiles makes staying afloat a day-by-day, week-by-week undertaking. As we make the transition from summer camp to our fall afterschool program in the next couple of months, we won’t have guaranteed revenue during that period. I’m committed to doing everything I can to keep these “virtual doors” open! This company has never been a job for me, but my passion! Bringing art education and creative expression to you and your children is my life’s work.
So many of you have reached out and I’m so grateful for your loyalty. You’ve asked how you can support Dragonfly and we’ve come up with a few ways:
– Send us all of your positive energy – we need it!
– Plan on registering for our awesome fall Afterschool Art Classes!
– Book a Virtual Party to connect with loved ones or celebrate a birthday.
– Refer friends, family, your school’s afterschool director or company’s event planner to Dragonfly Designs. We serve adults, too. You’ll get a coupon code when they register!
– Try a class at our pay-what-you-can Art Expos in September (more information coming soon!)
– If you’re able, consider donating to Intuit’s Small Business GoFundMe for Dragonfly Designs.
Peace & Love,
Owner, Dragonfly Designs